Sunday, August 1, 2010

Austin's party today was a huge success and he has SUCH a great time. He loved every minute of it. We had a huge lunch, sat outside because the weather was beautiful, and the kids all played. There were a lot of people: 20 adults, 7 kids, and 2 babies! It was a wonderful time and Nate and I both said afterwards that we are sure blessed with some wonderful family and Austin is extremely lucky to have so many people who love him and who want to celebrate his birthday with him.
Austin had so much fun playing with all of his gifts and it was hard getting him to go to bed tonight because he just wanted to keep playing. He got a firetruck from Grandma and Grandpa, which actually sprays water so he had a lot of fun spraying people with that. He also got bubble blowers, a t-ball set, a truck, a bunch of puzzles/scissors/books/crayons, and I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting... he was spoiled rotten and will be kept busy for the next month with all the stuff he got!
Austin loves doing puzzles and colouring right now... especially if mommy does it with him. He sits at his little table in his room for about an hour straight every day just colouring and drawing. It's so cool because he's actually starting to draw pictures, he can draw a set of eyes and this morning when he was colouring, he drew a couple of candles and said "happy day" and pointed to them and said "hot". They were just a couple of lines but I was amazed that he had done that... kids sure are smarter than we give them credit for sometimes!

The cake turned out pretty good except that Nate had to cut the licorice with scissors in order to cut it. I was supposed to just use icing for the cake but I ran out of red food colouring so the icing just turned out pink. I could not let myself make Austin a pink cake for his birthday so I ended up using the licorice that was supposed to be for the fire hose to coat the entire cake. So it worked out alright after all, lol.

The kids loved it so that's what counted :)

The cleanup actually didn't take that long because I have some wonderful family that helped clean up and so it was a pretty stress-free day. I'm looking forward to playing with Austin tomorrow with all his new toys, I'm sure he'll be pretty busy all day tomorrow.
Wesley was really good today as well and he enjoyed attempting to grab at all of Austin's toys before promptly being told "No baby.. Autis.. mine" What can you do? lol
Nate also got the washing machine hooked up this evening and it works great so there's a lot of laundry to do in the next couple of days, hopefully the septic system handles it alright, lol.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a fun birthday party for Austin. You certainly had beautiful weather for it. He is a very blessed little boy, as are you and Nate and Wesley for having him in your family. Happy 2nd birthday, Austin! Enjoy playing with all of your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I made a blog so I can comment on yours! Hehe... hope you don't mind. Now maybe you can keep up with my life a little too, if I have the time to write stuff! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete