Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28 2010

It's been a while since I've posted last... we just got back yesterday from a trip to Nova Scotia. We celebrated my Oma and Opa's 55th wedding anniversary there with our family. My mom's sister lives out there and so that's where we all went to celebrate. It's been about 10 years since I last went there so it was nice to see everyone again.
The trip down was awful, Wesley just did NOT want to be in his car seat and just cried and cried. But we made it and we had a really good time. We camped our trailer out in my Aunt and Uncle's yard along with Maria and Steve and a trailer was set up there for them. We went to a zoo one day, went on a hay ride, saw the pigs, tractors, went to see the tides/Bay of Fundy, and swam in their pool. It was a really nice vacation and the anniversary dinner was made by my cousin who is a chef and it was AMAZING. My cousin James and his wife Amy have a son, Jackson, who is about a month older than Austin and they had a really good time playing together as well.
The trip home was much better, I bought some formula for Wesley and so he took bottles on the trip home which was much easier than stopping every time to breastfeed him. And he seemed much more content. Last night he slept again for 12 hours, only getting up once to eat. That was great since he was up ALOT while we were away. I guess it's just hard for kids when they get off schedule.

We left at 7pm and drove for 20 hours straight, only stopping to fill up on gas, bathroom breaks, and once for a lunch break. We took turns driving and sleeping in the back with the kids and it went really well, Austin woke up around 11 pm when we stopped to get gas and just watched the dvd player until he finally fell back asleep at like 1 am... but he slept a lot during the day on the drive to make up for it.
Today Nate took everything that needed to come out of the trailer out and put it away in the garage. I don't think we'll be doing any more camping this summer so it's nice to have it back in the garage. Nate also cleaned out the garage which was really needed so it looks so nice and clean now. Austin of course had to help with this so it took a little bit longer than what Nate had hoped :) I managed to get most of the laundry done but it still all needs to be folded, which is the WORST job ever.. I hate folding laundry.
Tomorrow we hope to go to the peach festival in Winona with my sister Maria and her family so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment