Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5 2010

Last night Wesley slept through the night again, woo hoo! It was SO nice and I've feeling quite refreshed which is awesome. Today Nate and I went to my Opa and Oma's for coffee and lunch and had a really good time with them. Austin loved playing with all "new" toys and Wesley was very well behaved. We then went home, the kids napped, and then we went to my sister Maria and Steve's house for supper and the kids played together. That was also very nice and the kids are now finally both sleeping. Nate went out to visit his Opa in the hospital, so that leaves me with some alone time! I never thought I'd be excited about alone time but it is very nice and I think I'll read my book some more!

2 weeks until we leave for Nova Scotia!! Woo hoo! I'm really excited but also nervous about driving with both kids for that long... it takes about 20-24 hours to get there and we're going to attmept to drive it straight or stop for just one night depending on how the kids are! It'll be kind of a pain to have to stop every 3-4 hours in the day to feed Wesley but unfortunetely, not much can be done about that! At least he will have Austin in the back with him to be able to watch... hopefully that'll be alright. Austin also has a bunch of stuff from his birthday that we're saving for the trip so it'll give him something to do, colouring and stuff.

Wesley is starting to really find his thumb these days and it looks way too cute when he lays there sucking on it, lol. He is a really good baby for the most part and I am REALLY enjoying the baby stage again... I may even do it again some day :) lol






1 comment:

  1. I found that stopping to feed zeke gave us all a break that was needed!

    Austin will also appreciate time to get out of the car and run around. I recommend you find roadside rest stops as they tend to have lots of grass to play in.

    Have fun on your road trip!

    ReplyDelete