Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 3 2010

Today I went to my sister Maria's house in the morning to hang out with the boys. It's always hit and miss with how much time we'll actually get to talk seeing as how there's 5 kids, all 3 and under. So today was one of those days that the kids just didn't want to play nicely and Austin was being quite the bear today. Oh well, such is life with children, lol. I want to enjoy the stage in life that I'm at but I do have to admit, I'm looking forward to the days when the kids are old enough to go play without needing so much direction or care... I'm sure that'll come with its own struggles as well. :)
At least the kids napped nice and long today and were in much better spirits when they woke up. Austin played on his own this afternoon after his nap and loves "tucking" his blue bears into bed, singing to them, covering them with a blanket, and giving them hugs and kisses. It's pretty hilarious.
The other day Nate shaved off his goatee, which was quite the shock because I think it's been about 10 years or so since he's been clean shaven. It took a while to get used to it but I like it. The morning that Austin first saw him with a clean shaven face, he cuddled into bed with him and was just stroking Nate's face for the longest time. It was really funny.

1 comment:

  1. lol! i love how awed austin was at nate's clean-shaven face!! haha.. i love being able to keep up with what's going on with my nephews and stuff. thanks ruth :D!

    ReplyDelete