Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31 2010

So today I attempted to make a cake for Austin's birthday celebration tomorrow... it's a firetruck in case you can't tell, lol. I still have to make the ladder for it but that'll be a task for tomorrow since I don't really know how I'm going to do it yet..



We have about 25 people coming tomorrow for Austin's "party" and it'll be a lot of fun I'm sure. I spent most of today making homemade cheese bread, nasi goering, and a bunch of other yummy things for tomorrow. I hope it is nice weather so we can all just sit outside.

Nate went to my parents today to help my brother finish their fence gate.. so now their yard is completely fenced in finally... which is going to be super nice for the grandkids to be able to run around out there and we won't have to worry about them getting out of the yard.
I'm also attempting a zucchini dessert, it's like an apple crisp except with zucchini and I've heard it's really good... I got a huge zucchini from my sister-in-law's garden so I figured I'd attempt something new.



We got a new washing machine today finally! Thank goodness because the laundry is starting to pile up. Nate couldn't figure out how to fix the other one so we found one on kiji for $100 which wasn't bad we thought.
Wesley was super fussy today so it was hard to get so much done because he constantly wanted to be held.. he is starting to roll around like crazy and starting to scoot a lot too... he can get to toys that he wants already and he is hard to change now because as soon as you lay him on his back, he rolls over right away onto his belly. It's cute but can get annoying when it takes 10 minutes just to get him dressed, lol. He is always smiling and start to laugh out loud at Austin when he plays around him. It's really cute and I love how much a smile changes his little face... especially his cute little brown eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the cake, Ruth!! I love that last picture of Wesley. I know what you mean about how hard it can be to change them when all they want to do is roll around!! Ben does the same to me.

    ReplyDelete