Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29 2011

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been so long since I've blogged.. life has been crazy busy and just haven't really gotten around to it. I went back to work in January and since Nate is still on 3 days/week, I've been picking up shifts so that I have full time hours. It's quite the adjustment from being home 24/7 to all of a suddenly working 40 hours a week or more! I am trying to switch most of my shifts so that the boys only end up having to go to daycare usually about 1 time a week. So that's not too bad and they actually really enjoy it at daycare so the 1 day a week is perfect. I am also trying to finish up my perinatal course which ends at the beginning of May... but it's been seriously lacking attention... I am glad that I will have the summer absolutely school-free! Wesley turned one on March 10th... he's been walking for a while now, since he was about 11 months. He looks so tiny walking around compared with Austin.. it's cute. He is still such an easy-going kid, so good natured. He had a great birthday party with all of both of our families. I started a new casual position at the Mennonite Home in Vineland and I have my first 2 shifts on my own there this week so I'll have to see how those go. I'm kinda nervous, I have to be in charge of a floor of 32 residents on my own and I'm used to having other people around at the hospital. But I'm sure that it'll be fine once I get used to it. It's just hard not knowing all the resident's and staff at first. I took Austin outside yesterday after supper while Nate had Wesley inside and he is really enjoying getting outside again now that the weather is a little bit warmer. He chased me all around a field by our house yelling "mommy, I'm monster, going to eat you!".... where does he even get that from? Yesterday I drew a whole bunch of fish on paper and then cut them out and Austin coloured them in. Then he would put them behind a chair downstairs in the "water". I made a few that had teeth and so he put those ones separate in his tool bench and said "these ones go here, they hurt other fish". LOL This morning I went with a friend to cheeky monkey's in st. catharines. Austin had a lot of fun and even Wesley really enjoyed walking around with the balls there. It's actually a really neat place to go to... and actually super busy as well, there were SO many kids there by the time we left. On the way home Wesley fell asleep and Austin is just having some quiet time watching tv so it's nice to have a little down time to myself. I'm SO looking forward to the summer, this winter has been WAY too long... I can't wait to go camping again.. and I'm sure the boys will have SO much fun at the beach and being outside again. Wesley hasn't really been outside a lot since he's been walking so he's going to absolutely LOVE it. Well, I better go, Nate's parents are coming over tonight for dinner so better get some things ready.

2 comments:

  1. wow- you have been busy!

    good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I absolutely love reading these, Ruth... all the cute things those boys do and say. What a blessing! Keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete